Monday, November 11, 2013

Ethiopia’s Getaneh Kebede fit for Nigeria clash

Walya Antelope of Ethiopia’s prolific goal scorer Getaneh Kebede want to proof his worth, score against Nigeria when the two side meet in the World Cup playoff second leg on November 16.

Kebede which has been sidelines by injury was given a green light and will be available to play for Ethiopia in Nigeria. He is expected in  Addis Ababa on Monday to join his team mates ahead of the do or die game

Getaneh reiterated that as a footballer he believed nothing was cast in stone and they had an ability to overturn the scores even when playing away.


“I am very happy I am finally back playing competitive football after my nagging ankle injury. Its not been easy for me missing crucial matches for my beloved country but I want to make up for my absence when we play against Nigeria next week. I am back in top form and just waiting for my club’s Saturday game against Kaizer Chiefs before I travel to Addis Ababa on Sunday to join my teammates.”

“We might have lost 1-2 in the first leg match but we want to assure Nigeria that it will not be a walk in the pack when we meet again next Saturday as we will take the first to them.My prayers is that i continue with my goal scoring form to help my team in this very important game as we are all dreaming of qualifying for the World Cup,” Getaneh told supersport.com from his base in South Africa.

Kebede who misses the Ethiopian matches against Central Africa Republic and Nigeria at home due to injury has been a key player for coach Sewnet Bishaw scoring in crucial games in the World cup qualifers.

He recently dumped Debedit in the Ethiopian league where he was top scorer for South Africa PSL side Bidvest.
http://goalpost360.com

No comments:

Post a Comment