Thursday, October 31, 2013

Getaneh back in training

Ethiopia's prolific striker Getaneh Kebede is up and running after a nagging ankle injury that has kept him out of action for two months missing key matches against Car and Nigeria.

Getaneh who has been receiving treatment at his South Africa based club Bidvest Wits has started light training and is hoping to be fit ahead of the crucial return leg against Nigeria in Calabar.



"As a player I have been really stressed about my injury since it made me miss important matches but had faith and my doctors assured me all is well. My treatment has been going on well and now I have started light training and am very optimistic I will be ready to play for my beloved Walia in the return leg against Nigeria.”

“It has not been easy but as a player you expect such situations because my club Bidvest have also felt my absence but i intend to return with a bang to do what I love most that is scoring goals," Getaneh told supersport.com.

Getaneh has been an integral part of coach Sewnet Bishaw plans until he suffered the ankle injury one day to the game against Central Africa republic played in Congo Brazzaville on September 7.
http://www.supersport.com

No comments:

Post a Comment