Thursday, October 10, 2013

Juneidine Basha elected new Ethiopian Football Federation boss

Juneidine Basha has been elected as the new Ethiopian Football Pederation(EFF) President after beating three other contestants in a hotly contested election held at the Sheraton Hotel, Addis Ababa.

The former Harrar Beer General Manager won by 55 votes against Ato Wendimu who got 38 , Dr Towfik, who got eight and Ato Taye Bulo who failed to get any vote.

Juneidine takes over the Presidency from Sahlu Gebremariam who was not nominated by his Southern Region.

The elections were overseen by Fifa representative.Mr. Leodegar Tenga.

"I am happy the General Assembly has elected me and promise to lead football in Ethiopia to greater heights. I have my work cut out for me and hopefully I will emulate my predecessor who also did a good job with the national team," a delighted Juneidine told supersport.com.

http://www.supersport.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment