Friday, October 4, 2013

Askar's desire to play for Ethiopia

Amin Askar
Amin Askar left Ethiopia as a young lad when his parents migrated to Norway.

Askar who was born in Teferebar ,Ethiopia in 1985 now plays top flight football for SK Brann in the Norwegian league but his thoughts wander back to his roots despite on several occasions being called upon to play for Norway at the senior level.
The winger who has scored some beautiful goals has dreams of playing for his motherland where he had not returned since his parents migrated to Norway.



"My dream has been to represent my birth county that is Ethiopia in International level. I want to bring to Walia my 11 years of experience playing professional football in Europe and with the quality I have hopefully Walia can get some benefit .My strength as a player is my determination, speed and goal scoring abilities."

"In Norway I played for the youth national teams ,but not at the senior level and I would never trade my football for anything else that is why I have been patient hoping coach Sewnet Bishaw can consider me to help my birth country," a determined Askar told supersport.com from his base in Norway.

"I am really enjoying my life as a professional footballer in Europe and now I want to also experience football in Africa as I also dream to play in the World Cup just like other players," Askar added.

Askar won the prize for the best goal scored in Norway last season and the soft spoken player cannot wait to put on an Ethiopia jersey to bring his experience home.
http://www.supersport.com

No comments:

Post a Comment